The Littleton Electric Light and Water Department has partnered with Littleton High School to create a dual enrollment program for Littleton High School students who are interested in pursuing college-level courses in the fields of engineering/technology or environmental sciences.
The Dual Enrollment program provides opportunities for Littleton High School students to take college-level courses and earn credit toward their future college degrees. LELWD will cover the cost of the course as well as any books that the student may need.
- Littleton High School junior or senior student with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater
Process (To be completed in this order):
- LHS student must submit a letter of recommendation from principal, guidance counselor or teacher to LELWD.
- LHS student to be interviewed by LELWD staff prior to being awarded.
- Once awarded the grant, LHS student must submit an application and high school transcripts with the Office of Undergraduate Admissions to the Dual Enrollment University.
- LHS student must provide a parental signature and a guidance counselor signature allowing them to take classes on campus.
- LHS Student must register and enroll in course. Students are limited to enrolling in 1000 and 2000 level courses in the fields of engineering/technology or environmental sciences.
- LHS student to submit a letter of recommendation from principal, guidance counselor or teacher to LELWD prior to the following dates:
- Fall Semester – April 1st
- Spring Semester – October 1st
- Summer Semester – February 1st
- LHS student will then be contacted by LELWD to set up an interview.
- Successful LHS students will then need to complete the appropriate applications required by the college by the appropriate deadlines.
- Upon being accepted by the Dual Enrollment University, LHS student then needs to register for classes by the Dual Enrollment University class registration deadlines.
To learn more about the process, Click Here.
To submit an online application, Click Here.
To learn about The Denise M. Pagacik Memorial Scholarship, Click Here.